Thursday, August 2, 2007

Live in August

Here's a rundown of what will be playing live in the south Louisiana area over the next month.

Aug 3- T.I., Ciara, T-Pain, Yung Joc- New Orleans Arena- New Orleans
Uh...

Aug 6- Talib Kweli- House of Blues- New Orleans
Kweli is mostly past his prime, but I bet this will still be a good show.

Aug 7- Daniel Johnston- House of Blues- New Orleans

Aug 10- Girl Talk- The Spanish Moon- Baton Rouge
Count me in. I caught Greg Gillis at Bonnaroo and what can I say... the man does his thing.

Aug 11- Girl Talk- One Eyed Jack's- New Orleans

Aug 12- Neko Case- The Republic- New OrleansI would really love to make this show. Fox Confessor Brings The Flood was one of my favorite releases of 2006.

Aug 15- Ben Kweller- The Parish Room (House of Blues)- New Orleans

Aug 16- Centro-matic and Jason Isbell- Chelsea's- Baton RougeYou have to be 21 to get into Chelsea's. I turned 20 in June. Centro-matic is one of the most consistent bands around, and it sucks that I will likely have to miss them.

Aug 26- Bloodkin and Daniel Hutchens- The Maple Leaf- New OrleansI believe this is another 21 and up bar. If it is, then fuck them, I would love to see Bloodkin.

Overall we have a pretty good slate for August. I'll definitely be at the first Girl Talk show, and I'd love to make it to the Neko Case show. If I can somehow make it to the Centro-matic/Jason Isbell show or the Bloodkin/Daniel Hutchens show, well that will be great.

Girl Talk- Too Deep
Neko Case- Lion's Jaws

No comments: