Sunday, July 22, 2007

I've Got a Halloweenhead



I've had a month now to sort out my thoughts on Easy Tiger, the new release from Ryan Adams. Easy Tiger is probably the safest record Adams has ever made, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes you don't want Dead-soaked jams as in Cold Roses or throwbacks to vintage country like in Jacksonville City Nights.

Anybody who listens to Ryan Adams is distinctly aware of how much talent is just oozing from him. The man is beyond prolific. This is why its so disappointing when you stumble on songs that are just plain mediocre. Easy Tiger has a few "bleh" moments, but no real duds, and of course a few gems that remind you how talented Adams is.

On a related note, I put this cd on at home one day, and my Mom happened to be around and asked who it was. When I told her it was Ryan Adams she said, "Oh yeah, I saw they were selling his cd in Starbucks."

Dig the video for "Halloweenhead" and listen to two of my favorites, the folky "Pearls On a String" and Heartbreaker-esque "Two Hearts."

Ryan Adams- Pearls On a String
Ryan Adams- Two Hearts

No comments: