Tuesday, July 24, 2007

One For The Bossman

Before my iPod reached its death a little more than a month ago I never worked without my iPod. When you are a student stuck at a shit job cutting grass at a golf course between semesters, you aren't listening to the poppiest stuff all the time. For me the music I listened to at work was split between Drive-By Truckers and Widespread Panic (with a little Steve Earle, Uncle Tupelo, and Tea Leaf Green thrown in there too). When work sucked it was the boys from Alabama. When it was going alright, I was listening to Panic.

I like my boss a whole lot (he's my roomate's dad after all, and jokes that I'm a part of their family), but whenever "Nine Bullets" came up on my iPod, I couldn't help singing along to "One for the bossman ridin' my butt again..." Fuck work indeed.

This past Friday I was changing a tire on a boat trailer (one of my numerous non-grass cutting duties), and instead of actually changing the tire I started spinning it around on the axel to procrastinate. I looked at where the flat was and saw a huge brown spider. Intrigued by its size, I caught it in an empty water bottle. Only 15 minutes later while moving cinderblocks (oh boy!) I looked down on one and saw another interesting looking spider. It wasn't full grown, but I caught the red-and-black spider anyway. Not long later I confirmed via the wikipedia that the brown spider was a Brown Recluse and the other was a Black Widow.

Drive-By Truckers- Nine Bullets
Drive-By Truckers- Box Of Spiders

No comments: